Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Brunch - Fieldberry French Toast



For some reason, over the past few months, my son became a night owl.  He doesn't go to bed before 1am and only wakes up by 11am...just like daddy!  I, however, am forced to get upat 8:30am sharp to keep Coco, my cat...I really don't understand how my got this end of the deal?!?

Anyways, I was craving for something sweet and something salty so decided to make french toasts and sausage for brunch (my favorite combo).  See, I'm not really a cook, but breakfast, anyone can do!

Fieldberry French Toast:

Indregients:
  • 2 thickly sliced toasts
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of chopped rasberries and strawberries (or any fresh fruits)
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon of brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or corn syrup)
Preparation:
  • Battered eggs and milk together
  • Add cinnamon and brown sugar
  • Soak toasts into mixture (make sure they are completely soaked)
  • Melt butter in a large pan
  • Once butter melted, pan fry toasts on low eat until golden on both sides
  • Place rasberries and strawberries on plated toasts
  • Pour maple syrup as desired
Once the french toasts are done, I then pan fried lamb sausages (hubby NEEDS meat for any meal).

No comments:

Post a Comment